Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Article' in The ONION

Posted by bbaird (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 16, 10 at 16:30

A little humor, black humor, but...for those of us who can relate...

Here is a link that might be useful: The ONION

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Article' in The ONION

Sorry, I don't find any "humor" whatsoever in that story.

Having a sick cat, we spent over $5000 (probably closer to $8000) including medications etc.

We never ever, after numerous vets, found a diagnosis.

We had no choice but to put our beloved cat down.

10 years later....I fail to find ANY "humor" in your link.

o

I find it funny, as I do most of the ONION.

Absurdist satire. Not meant to reflect opinions on beloved cats or their owners. We all love our animals and have lost far too many.

o

The cat obviously couldn't sign a DNR release - poor thing. Oh wait, it is the Onion, after all. Still ----

o

Some may not be familiar with The Onion, which is an online newspaper with phony news stories, mostly humorous.

We love our pets so much, don't we? I'm not sure why the story is supposed to be funny, but it has truth -- it has been expensive to keep our elderly pets going, but we take care of them because they are part of the family.

One of our cats lived to 22, without as many problems as the cat in the fake story, fortunately.

o

loralee,

I'm sorry about your cat. I'm going through Hell right now with mine.

I can understand it you don't find humor in the article. But, even though it's very dark, I still had to laugh at some of it. Because, sometimes, even the worst has some humor in it and, in bad times, we have to laugh.

That's why I prefaced the post with the caution that it's "dark humor".

Really, I am sorry for your pain. I think that most of us on this forum have been through it with our pets.

o

That sounds like my brother's cat, who finally died this summer at the ripe old age of 27...

o

Usually I find the ONION somewhat funny, but I just did not find this article amusing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here