Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is false heat in spayed cat possible?

Posted by wertach (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 15:02

I have a male and female cat, both fixed. They don't really get along anyway, she is scared of him and he is kind of a bully, mostly playing with her and eating her food. But she tolerates him most of the time.

Recently he has been sneaking up behind her and smelling her private parts and a fight will break out quick, and I'm talking a bad fight, fur flying everywhere and I have to pull them apart.

Could she be having false heat even though she has been spayed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is false heat in spayed cat possible?

She could be in heat if the vet didn't remove everything, but she could also have an infection. Worth having her checked by the vet.

o

I took her to the Vet and she said that she is fine and healthy, no false heat. Time for her shots anyway. She also said that the male cat probably is just curious and playful since he is younger. And that he probably likes her smell! But she doesn't like him back!

They have a history of fighting, when he first arrived as a stray living outside,they fought often when she went outside. I had him neutered hoping he would settle down and he stayed outside for a long time but I finally started letting him in.

I think she probably expects a fight when he is messing with her in any way. So she throws the first punch!

o

Cats, like dogs, sniff each other's butts - in or out of heat.

And I have the same situation - neutered female and male, and he wants to be friends and she's distrustful of him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here