Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwmc_gw

It's Over

dwmc
10 years ago

Had to put my kitty down friday. Think his kidneys had just had enough. He had stopped eating and I think he was experiencing discomfort. He was thin, but to look at him otherwise (his soft coat) it didn't seem possible that it was time. Said I would either bury him myself, or find a personal cremation facility, but left him with the vet due to money issues. Of course it hurts most when I'm at home. His stuff is all out still, but I know it will be thrown/put away in time. I truly hope that I get to see him again one day.
Thank you all for responding to any inquiries I had in the last few years concerning my Tobey.

David McGuire

Comments (13)

• User
    10 years ago

So sorry about your kitty, David. It's so hard to say goodbye. I'm thinking of you.

• Artiste8
    10 years ago

Sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is, they are part of the family. You will heal, it just takes time.

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a kitty. Time and fond memories do seem to help heal the sadness.

• socks
    10 years ago

It hurts to lose a beloved pet. Did you get a little clipping of that soft fur? I hope so. Please accept my condolences on your loss. We lost a kitty to kidney problems too.

• ilovepoco
    10 years ago

So sorry to hear. It's hard to imagine, but one day soon you will be able to remember Tobey with a smile, not a tear.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

• chickadee4
    10 years ago

I keep telling the hubbie, no more pets. I lost one last March and most recent was just a few weeks ago.
    I hate seeing the unmoved toys.
    I refuse to pick them up until...... I am whole again.
    It hurts.
    It is painful.
    It leaves you shattered.
    I am sure you will see your boy again.
    In time you will feel whole
    I am very sad to hear your news.
    Hoping your sadness reveals how lucky you were to have had this special boy.

• zep516
    10 years ago

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• User
    10 years ago

Zep, I had to put my kitty-girl down last May...her ashes are in a purple, velvet bag that says "Until we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge." I still cry when I think of my girl.

• dwmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all again so, so much. I had never heard of "Rainbow Bridge" until a friend sent me a card with it. It's the best poem. How I hope it's that way.
    I will continue looking at the comments you've sent, because right now I need them...

David

• User
    10 years ago

David, for what it's worth...my girl has been gone for eight months, and I have not thrown her things away. I still cry from missing her. I have never had such unconditional love, and that's such a hard thing to lose. I'm sure you're feeling the same way. Be kind to yourself.

• Blackcat21
    10 years ago

So sorry to hear of your losses...I lost 4 beloved pets during my lifetime...one to kidney disease, 2 to cancer, one to old age and another one to a bone disease. Just remember even though it is hard,there are so many out there that need a forever home...that you will love in a different way but just as much....think about adopting again. I did and never regret it..My baby now is 11 years old and was really in need of a forever home. I love her as much as I loved the others......take care and remember someone out there needs you.

• Ninapearl
    10 years ago

so very, very sorry to hear of your loss, david. you set your kitty free and that is what counts. you will most definitely see him again some day. (((hugs)))