Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much poop can a cat eat?

Posted by tracey_b (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 26, 11 at 9:00

I'm laughing now, but was crying earlier when my very fluffy-butted kitty, Coco, smeared poop all over the floor. Thank goodness for hardwoods and easy wipe-up, but too bad the fluffy butt isn't wiped up as easily. I did the best I could with him short of putting him in water, but I had to go clean up the floor because the HVAC guy was coming at any moment to work on our heater....and of course the smeared poop was all within steps of where he'd be entering the house. I sequestered kitty in a tile bathroom so he wouldn't soil any where else. However, now I'm worried about how much left-behind poo he's been licking. ?????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much poop can a cat eat?

yuck! I find the only solution to this with my fluffy-butt cat is the use my hair cutting shears on the behind. It is nearly impossible to wipe off.

o

Yeah, we'd lightly trimmed his butt, but it's time again. This mush came out of his behind and didn't drop down into the litter box--it just clung there until he hopped out and sat down on the floor. ICK. Poor baby...hope he doesn't get sick from licking so much of it off his butt hair.

o

Mother cats get their very young kittens to pee and poop by licking their genitals and butts, and then clean off the "results" (so to speak), so I would think they can handle a fair am't without becoming ill. I could be wrong, of course. :-)

Good luck!

o

Yuk!!! The HVAC guy is licking cat poop????? That is really disgusting. Definitely get another company.

o

Well, kitty's all clean and none the worse for wear (or licking). I don't even want to imagine what the mess would have been like had I not been home and saw it happening.

Here's a pic of my new babies. The dirty-butted kitty of this morning is on the left:

Photobucket

o

Oh, but they are so gorgeous!!!!!!

o

LOL -- they are just too adorable, and those poses!

o

I suggest trimming those back area hairs on a monthly basis...

o

Beautiful cats!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here