Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need better than Kong squeaking balls?

Posted by arkansas_girl (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 8:11

My little dog loves to play with the Kong "tennis ball" that has a little squeaker but those things are total JUNK! They cost over $2 each and have lasted anywhere from a few minutes to a few days. She isn't a strong chewer, the squeaker just falls apart and the metal thing inside the squeaker falls out and you can hear it rattling around inside the ball.

Could anyone recommend a squeaking ball that the squeakers last for a while? It doesn't even have to be a ball, but about the same size as a tennis ball. Even something without the fuzz would be better but soft enough to be easy to squeak.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need better than Kong squeaking balls?

The only Kong products I tried were three different ones where you put food inside. Hot dogs were too small diameter, so I got Polish-type sausage cut into pieces. If a dog was not too interested in cold meat, I microwaved it 20 seconds before inserting food into Kong.

Started with the Kong shaped like a bone, then had a smaller one with two different size holes, and finally a new-style one with flaps on each end. Which to buy depends on the dogs size, and how long he will play with it before getting bored. Some dogs can empty one in a matter of minutes.

No experience with squeaky one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here