Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gogwmos

Anyone with corn snakes?

gogwmos
11 years ago

I just got my first corn snake, a female fire corn named Scarlett. She is SO beautiful, sweet and is a happy camper. I say "first" corn because I have already picked out a Butter corn from the same breeder, they are addictive! They have the greatest temperament, are gentle and beautiful and come in a wonderful variety of colors.

Sorry for the bad pic, I need to get better lighting and take some good ones. I have only had her a couple weeks so no great pics yet.

Does anyone else share this love of Corns?

Comments (4)

• ilovepoco
    11 years ago

She's beautiful - what gorgeous coloring! I've never kept a snake, but love them. As a kid I was always catching garter snakes in the back yard and bringing them into the kitchen to frighten my mother.

Good luck with your new buddies! Is she (and the "Butter Corn Snake") a natural species, or do breeders develop different color variations?

Susan

• sylviatexas1
    11 years ago

She's tiny!

How big will she get?

• gogwmos
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ilovepoco, they are bred for different colors and patterns. There are some really amazing corns out there with colors and patterns you would swear are painted on. See the pic I added, that is one of my faves.

Sylvia, she is about 2' now, she will get about 5'. She is 15 months, and about the width of my pinkie.

They are so even tempered, they don't strike (unless they are hungry and food is there!) and seem to be a great first snake for anyone. I have never had a snake before, and am smitten with her!

This is my breeder's site, and he has a lot of good pics up close of the different snakes he has bred. http://www.arizonareptile.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: an amazing pattern

• lzrddr
    11 years ago

these make one of the best pet snakes of all the snakes there are. I have treated hundreds over the years. Some live a long time. I euthanized a sick one last week the owner had for over 25 years. Didn't make it to 5' long, only 4'. But a really nice snake (though it was pretty sick, so hard to judge). Still, I have never met an aggressive one.