Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvmypup_gw

My dog won't use the bathroom inside

LuvMyPup
10 years ago

I have a 4 yr old Peke a Poo that has been potty pad trained but has also always had access to the outdoors until recently. I moved into an apartment this past summer and a couple of months ago the yard became infested with ticks. My landlord has treated the yard but every time I took my dog outside she would come back in with ticks, even though she was only out for a couple of minutes and has tick preventative treatment on her. Although I get rid of the ticks as soon as she comes inside I still worry about the diseases that they can carry, Due to this concern I did not take her outside yesterday or today and I am trying to get her to use her potty pads instead of going outside. She will use her potty pad when I am sleeping at night and I always praise her for that act but she will not use it during the day while I'm up or in the afternoon when I go to work. I tried using the spray that is supposed to help attract the animal to the spot, she found it offensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to use the pads more than just while I'm asleep? It is killing me because I want the best for her and the ticks nor the lack of using the bathroom are best for her. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)