Return to the Pet Debates Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Animal Abuse

Posted by nancymess (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 07 at 22:41

Have you witnessed any kind of animal abuse? If yes, did you do anything about it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Animal Abuse

As in seeing someone physically abuse an animal, not personally but I can guarentee you things would get ugly if I did.

Lisa

o

I have seen animals being "neglected" but not physically abused.

o

I have not seen animal abuse. I have seen the consequences though, and it's a good thing I don't know who the owner was.

o

I think I see it every day. My whole neighborhood leaves their dogs outside, all day, wandering the streets, annoying passersby. I can't drive down my own street without having to dodge dogs left and right. When I walk my dogs through town, I am chased and harassed by the neighborhood dogs the whole way! We only live a few blocks from a highway, but there are always dogs around, wandering. I am surprised more dogs don't get hit. I have complained to the local police, but no one cares. That is the trouble with small towns, some people just don't care. I'm not sure what people are thinking, we have mountain lions and bears, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone!!

o

JCLEPINE...
Section 6 - Dogs Running at Large

(a) It shall be unlawful for the owner of any dog to fail to prevent the dog from running at large in the entire unincorporated area of Boulder County. Any dog off the owner's premises or on private property without the permission of the property owner shall be under control as defined in Section 2(f) above, inside a vehicle or similarly physically confined so that said dog is without access to passers-by. A dog is presumed to be at large if injury, damage or trespass has occurred even if said dog is under control.

Dogs in the unincorporated territory of Boulder County, and those in incorporated areas that contract with the Boulder County Sheriff's Office Animal Control, must be under control or physically confined, unless on the owner's or keeper's property.

To file a complaint or for further information, call the Animal Control Unit at (303) 441 - 3626 and leave a message for the on duty officer to return your call between the hours of 7:00am and 7:00pm, seven days a week or call Boulder County Communications at (303) 441 - 4444 to file a report.

((I'm assuming you are in boulder county, co.))

o

Thank you! Yes, I am in Boulder county, the town with "a dog in every subaru."
I will consider calling, although I'll feel like a tattle tale! I have several sets of friends in my neighborhood and they are all scared to walk their dogs by by house, due to the rough nature of the free-roaming dogs! More than one couple have a baby or tot and more than once they have feared for their kids while walking.
I think it is worth it to call. Thanks for the numbers and your input.
J.

o

When you're afraid to walk down the street it's time to call animal control. I have no sympathy for inconsiderate and irresponsible pet owners as they are not only putting their animals in harms way but they are putting everyone else in harms way too. Please speak up about this. As you pointed out, it is a form of neglect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here