SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becklau

this is sooo big how can we help?

becklau
15 years ago

Someone has to hear. Someone has to care? Apparently people need help feeding & caring for their pets. The numbers are increasing of those neglected, lost, abandoned. I SEE IT!! almost everyday.

I write & write & write on the internet about what is happening. I tell & speak & tell EVERYONE what i know, what we've seen & they shrug it of or even give me strange looks. Dogs, cats everywhere behind buildings, in store parking lots, lying in the grass at my church, i notice them in surrounding fields, at the library, Walmart p. lot, YOU NAME IT, begging for attention, for food, for their lives. Sunday night I woke up to the sound of barking dogs. My 2 dogs were going crazy because

the sensed them outside. When i looked i found 8-10 maybe more dogs, of all sizes barking & running all about the yard. I live in Live Oak, Florida, in the country & the nearest neighbor is 6 acres away. I hope we didn't wake them because the noise was LOUD at 2 am ! These dogs had overturned my garbage, were hungry, lost & alone. I thought to myself, how sad BUT I can't feed 8 more dogs, we are struggling to pay our bills, with the price of food, electric, insurance, taxes etc. I had to make them leave but how? Well, this took 3 hours ! before the silence came. I tried to shoo them off to no avail. They were wagging their tails one minute & fighting each other the next. My babies were shut inside safe from the fight. I finally got a cooking pot & a spoon & started banging & shooed them off. Talk about loud. They still didn't leave until 5 am, i guess they found little food & left. I thought to myself it is bad enough in public to see neglect, but now this is

following me home! SOMEONE has to help- people in need with the means to feed their pets so they are not abandoned or left to stray! Mine will NOT, God willing, but the numbers of hungry, neglected strays are increasing.... I feel for them & love them all...but can not take on any more. I hope they don't return tonite, we need our rest! I know at least 10 families who have over 8 or more dogs EACH (some even more) ALL STRAYS! because we all own 1-10+ acres & thought we can take care of them & struggling now w/ VET VISITS, FOOD everything including our needs! ONLY because of our ECONOMY! WE COULD afford this 1,2,3 years ago! NO ONE CARES EXCEPT US it seems WE have spoke, & shouted this from the mountain tops!Hey if anyone wants a THOROUGHBRED dog DON"T pay for one there are literally 100's here in Live Oak FLORIDA in desperate need of homes running the streets! Labs, Shepard's, Pit bulls, Dachshunds, Huskies, YOU NAME IT!!!! I will not rest until someone hears & HELPS! God save these neglected, underprivileged children. Seemingly so alone in this & LOST IN THE SUNSHINE (ha) STATE

Comments (4)

Sponsored