SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runsnwalken

Two Animal welfare laws that should be in placement.

runsnwalken
15 years ago

I really would like to see a law in place that makes it illegal to breed your cat/dog unless you register with the state,county as a breeder and subject your home to visits from animal control. People in breeding cannot have more then 10 breeding animals at one time. Dogs and cats that are not neutered should be seen as wildlife and legal offense on the part of the owner and treated as such until fixed. As we all know how horrible life with an intact cat/dog can be. Cats especially should be seen by society as wildlife if not fixed, I mean in MN free ranging cats are already seen as wild animals, Why not intact indoors or out, Intact cats spray, they are mean and hormonal, they cry out and breed like sparrows, rapidly and outta control. I don't know about unwanted dogs, but with cats its something like every home in the USA would have to have 36 cats in oder to end cat homelessness. This is insane!. To make it more realistic make it illegal for vets/shelters to charge over $50 for a spay/neuter.

Another rule I would like to see is a law that either makes it illegal outright to have a cat de clawed in this country or at the very least makes it like $800 to get it done, that way very few people will be able to afford it, the worse that would happen to them is the cat gets put to sleep at a shelter. Honestly thats better then being killed by a dog from lack of defenses or biting a human being and getting pts or thrown in a shelter afterwards.

Instead of these very real and more important issues we are worrying about petty things- Greyhound racing and dog chaining- both of which can be good in some cases- not all racing dogs end up like some in those awful videos, I'm sure many love to run and race tracks, good ones, take very good care of the dogs, and besides thats what there bred for. Dogs sometimes need time outs outdoors to prevent their owners from going crazy and some dogs like huskies love the outside and it would be cruel not to chain them up outdoors in winter rather then have them in a heated room..

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES