SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klimkm

My neighbor is training his dog to bark at us

klimkm
17 years ago

Yes, My neighbor is training his dog to bark at us! When my DH is outside and their dog is barking, he says "good dog".

Does anyone know - is this considered a form of harassment?

A few weeks ago we finally called the cops and filed a complaint (did not press charges) against this person for an incident of property "harassment". I should mention that our relationship with this neighbor has been "hatfields and Mccoy" for a dozen years (100% this person's fault). I put off calling authorities, because anytime we are proactive and try and thwart hostile actions of this neighbor, he holds a grudge and bring the retaliation up a notch. (we have reported this to the sheriff too.)

We built a fence 7 years ago because of his using our yard without asking and storing his junk about 12 feet across our lot lines, and he has held a grudge since.

After years I just got tired of it and called the police to find out what we should do about our problems with him. We are under orders from the sheriff to have no contact with him and his family and they recommended to document any incidences (like this dog one). And to call them first instead of confronting them over any problem. I think they want to avoid domestic incidents. (Smart county!)

The dog stays in their yard because of an electric fence. His old dog used to wander the neighborhood and poop in everyone's yard. Luckily it was a nice dog. but the current animal does annoy the whole neighborhood when it barks and will howl for hours if they leave it outside alone when they are gone. The dog is not neglected though. I know I can callthe barking as a nuisance instance. He has left the dog out purposely without reprimanding it to stop, in his yard next to ours for an hour or more, knowing full well it will bark continuously, when my children are out there playing.This happened before we called the authorities. I honestly do not know what will happen this summer. If this happens again, I will contact the sheriff once again to file another complaint.

Has anyone been harassed by their neighbors and neighbors dog/s? What did you do?

Comments (28)

Sponsored