SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms_minnamouse

Hunting? Probably discussed for the millionth time on here

ms_minnamouse
16 years ago

but I wasn't here to see it so...

This is what I think about hunting.

It's okay if you need the food and/or the skins for clothing or other parts.

Or if all parts are used, not just the antlers for your fireplace mantle and the rest discarded.

But hunting just to have a trophy? What a waste of life!

And people who say they like hunting because they like the wilderness and they're "at one with nature"?

So take a hike. I LOVE being out in the wild and I don't have to shoot anything to appreciate it.

Hunting for the chase? What kind of chase or rush is it when you have a gun and the animal is unarmed? Not even a cheetah can outrun a bullet. What chance does an animal have against a bullet?

So the way I see the chase is that people like triumphing over animals because they've lost the heightened senses and want to compensate for it. The sensitive hearing, night vision, strong sense of smell are gone so level it with a gun.

But shooting something defenseless down doesn't justify wanting to feel like the man. Nor does it say anything about you being a predator animal. Anybody can kill anybody with a gun.

So that brings me to the last thing that I think the reason why the die hard enthusiasts hunt.

The pleasure of the kill. Killing for fun.

And doesn't that say something about the mental health of the hunter?

Comments (28)

Sponsored