SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onewebfoot

Online resources to confront irresponsible dog owners

onewebfoot
17 years ago

I gather from reading some posts in this forum that some or perhaps even many have been victimized by barking dogs. That profile fits me well, as I have been victimized by irresponsible dog owners nearly every single place I have lived (mostly in Southern California).

Fortunately, I was able to confront 4+ irresponsible dog owners in my community of residence during the past year, and it meant preparing to go to court in one case. Fortunately, that dog owner came to her senses, realized I was serious, and so were 8+ of my neighbors, and she did what it took to quiet a very hyperactive barking dog. She is definitely the exception. Most dog owners do nothing, and scoff at those of us who want nothing more than legally enforceable peace laws.

Does anyone have additional resources, groups, and strategies for resolving dog barking? Meantime, the research, resources, information, strategies, scholarship, and group-level discussions at www.barkingdogs.net have been a great resource and encouragement to me, should anyone want to check it out. The largest problem, it seems ot me, is not the lack of laws, but the lack of enforcement of existing laws that very clearly state that dog barking is indeed a disruption of the peace.

Comments (8)

Sponsored