SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
munkos

Dog taken from homeless man.

munkos
16 years ago

There was a news story here a few months back. (I tried hard to find a link, but I can't)

Many people were trying to get a dog taken away from a man who recently found himself living in his car. Rents here have gone up drastically, in some instances from 650 a month to 1500. And vacancy is almost zilch. It's very hard to find affordable living right now.

He fought very hard to keep his dog. The dog was warm, went for walks, and was still fed. Living in a car may not be ideal, but it was only to be temporary and it was better than running free on the street.

The humane society took the dog, while deciding whether to let him keep it, or adopt it out.

After hearing the story on the news, someone with a big heart and a lot of money, found a pet-friendly hotel and paid for the man to live there for one month, with his dog. A) to keep the dog and B) to save money to get another place to live.

I haven't heard anything since, but I want to know others opinions

Had the man stayed in his car, would you have wanted him to keep his dog, or have it taken away??

I think he should've been allowed to keep it. I think it was making the best out of a really crappy situation and being responsible with his dog. While it was less than ideal living situations for sure, I think it was a good move.

Most people if they were to find themselves homeless, with nowhere to go, would not make the dogs living situation a priority. I'm sure a lot would end up running loose, and others in already over-flowing shelters, waiting to be euthanized.

The man had already lost a lot, why take his best friend, too..if he was still being adequately cared for?

Comments (5)

Sponsored