SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

The Iams cat food commercial really bothers me.

sally2_gw
17 years ago

Have any of you seen that Iams commercial that shows a lady at either a pet store or adoption center - it's not clear what it is - and she walks by a scrawny black kitten/cat and adopts an orange tabby? Why couldn't they have her adopting the black cat? Over in the Pets forum it has been brought up about how black dogs and cats don't get adopted nearly as readily as other colors. If you go to a shelter, you'll see more black cats than any other color. I admit, I don't have a black cat because I just haven't had an opportunity to adopt one. All but two of my 7 cats are rescues from a feral colony near where I work, and none of them happened to be black, although a co-worker did adopt the black siblings of 2 of my cats. She got to them first. Another one jumped in our car at a convenience store in another town while we were on vacation. Since there were no houses around, just businesses and busy streets, we took him with us. The 7th is a stray that's taken up residence in our back yard, and whom I've had neutered. If I were to go to a shelter, I'd give the black cats first choice.

Anyway, my point is that I just wish that Iams had shown the lady falling in love with the black cat, and talking about how special her relationship is with that cat. Or, if they had to use an orange tabby, why did they have to show her passing up the black cat?

Sally

Comments (22)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz