Return to the Pet Debates Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eliminating carriage horses

Posted by fallingwaters (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 8:09

ok, this has me steamed and i need to vent.
seems some people in nyc have been convinced that the nyc carriage trade is cruel and the horses need to be taken from their owners and retired.
photos on their web site shout about how cruel it is for horses to share their grain with piegons,lol.
ok, really?
has anyone of these protesters ever spent time with a horse?
and guess who is funding their screaming and cursing and harrassing carriage drivers?

wow, who could have seen this coming? the developer who lusts after the real estate the horses are stabled in, that's who!

so for those who don't know the truth, yes, carriage horses work for a living. sometimes it's hot, sometimes it's cold. they require a lot of care and attention, and most of their owners truly care about their working partners.
of course some don't--just as some people are lousy parents doesn't mean no one is allowed to have kids!

there are laws in place regarding the proper care and feeding of horses, how about simply enforcing the laws already on the books and leave people who work with their equine partners alone.
why not turn their emotion to the overbreeding of quarter horses and thorobreds?
is it because the protesters have no clue where the real problems lie?
the true cruelty is shipping to slaughter houses in canada and mexico.
how i wish that their energy was directed there! or protecting wild horses and burros from career welfa--i mean cattle farmers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eliminating carriage horses

If we enforced existing laws then we could stop passing new ones and Congress would be out of a job, LOL.
Folks gonna carry on about strange things no matter what.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here