Return to the Pet Debates Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show segment about a BARF dog food

Posted by handymac (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 21, 09 at 1:46

Dirty Jobs, with Mike Rowe on Nat. Geo.

Company in California makes BARF food----from cows stomachs. The best stomachs---according to the company owner--- still have grass/beginning feces in them. The company grinds up the stomachs and packages the results.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show segment about a BARF dog food

Bump to get it off the top.

o

That's not typical BARF food although I bet dogs LOVE it.

What we buy is pretty much whole-animal ground up - meat, organs, bones. Duck, chicken etc.

Dog's droppings are not sloppy and not even stinky - when her buddy who's a kibble-fed dog comes over, who's tiny next to her, she poops MORE than the big dog, and droppings are FOUL.

o

My dog has been on the BARF diet for exactly one week and he is pooping much less, although it is still quite smelly as it consists of 98% carnivorous material. Herbivores' feces are much less offensive in my opinion.

I've been feeding him my own combination of raw meats, bones, organs etc. I had previously fed him a raw diet that was manufactured by another company - I think it was called California naturals - and it is definitely cheaper to do it myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here