SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskyhopeful

Dog Fighting

muskyhopeful
16 years ago

This has been floating around in the news for the last several months. Looks like the hammer is finally coming down on the NFL's fastest quarterback.

Obviously there won't be anyone here that's going to argue in support of dog fighting. I'm wondering if anyone can explain the mindset of these type of people?

Is this a southern thing? Is it a racial thing? Is it a spoiled professional athlete thing? What makes people think fighting dogs could in any way be acceptable. I remember when rumors concerning Michael Vick and big time dog fighting first came out, that Clinton Portis, another NFL player, implied that it was really no one's business whether Michael Vick was fighting dogs, because he was a role model that contributed to the community. He basically was stating why would anyone care.

I have heard rumors on talk radio that other athletes could be involved. I heard comments today that Vick allegedly has been involved personally even with the hanging, electrocution, and/or drowning of losing or injured dogs.

It's mind blowing. This guy has millions of dollars, a legion of fans, and is under the public microscope. Yet he feels that fighting dogs is a worthwhile past time.

Here's an article.

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Michael Vick indicted for dog fighting.

Comments (17)

Sponsored