Return to the Pet Debates Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The scourge of SOHDD

Posted by carmen_grower_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 13:02

I realize I have a dry sense of humor but most intelligent people can detect satire, can't they? When I am looking for a recipe for chicken treats for my dog and I say, "I'm only using chickens because I don't have any dead cats currently" do you get angry or do you realize I am just having fun?

"Sense of Humor Deficit Disorder" seems to be rampant on the "Pet Forum". The whole PC mentality has created a whole generation of people who are just plain dull and boring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The scourge of SOHDD

Allowing your animals to be eaten by coyotes as part of the circle of life isn't particularly funny. I did think the sarcastic bit - maybe garlic will ward off the coyotes and keep them away from your animals - was funny though

o

Wow, sometimes I really miss Spike!!

o

Is that diagnosis in the DSM-IV?

If you are on a pet forum, don't expect much laughter when you make stupid jokes about feeding your cats to the coyotes. Just because we don't laugh at your backwards sarcasm doesn't make us dull and boring....maybe your sense of humor is dull and boring.

If you have a problem with PC mentality, try your sarcastic humour on your "real" friends. Meanwhile, while on this forum, I think I'll be focusing on pet health, stories about our beloved pets, and debates that are actually about PETS.

o

Sometimes Its really hard to detect satire in black and white.

And sometimes what some people consider funny, other people consider just bad taste.

When typing on the forums it helps to use the winking smilie...

o

Joepyeweed it right. It can be very hard to know if someone is joking or not online especially if you are new to the forum or haven't read many posts by the poster to "know" them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here