SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

city chicken video-help a young chicken activist and her library!

Stacey Collins
15 years ago

Hi Everyone-

My daughter, Olivia, who is into sustainable living and successfully campaigned our city to change the zoning law to allow chickens last summer, needs your help.

She entered a national book review contest. The finalists were chosen by the sponsoring library, but the actual winner is chosen by PUBLIC VOTE. If she wins, she gets $1000 in books for her library and $500 in books for herself. Since her school library just lost a massive amount of funding, she would really like to help them out.

Olivia's video is "YOUR CHICKENS, A KIDS GUIDE" and you can watch it and vote for it on the link below. Please vote EVERY DAY from today till next Wednesday. There have been 3 other categotories and all of the winners have organized huge voting campaigns on internet bulletin boards and the like, so this is the only chance she has. In fact her closest competiton's sister already won a category.. they have an entire school district voting every day (hard to beat!!)

http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

(Personally, I think the videos should be judged on their merit rather than on how organized the kids' parents are, but apparently this is the way its done, so I am trying to help her out!!)

If you would like to pass the link on to any other friends, forums, or anywhere else you think folks might like to vote, please do so. Thank you so much!!

Stacey and Olivia

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz