SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheltiemom_gw

Hunting Tame Animals?

sheltiemom
16 years ago

Did anyone notice the latest "update" on the story about the kid who shot a huge "wild hog"? Turns out the "wild hog" was hand-raised and was recently sold - to a game farm. Then, "hunted" and killed. Guess the hog was too big for the original owners (who obviously let him get that big) and had no value for them than to sell him to the only bidder. Once the new owner "released" the hog, it was immediately classified as feral.

I'm interested in viewpoints about this legal practice of hunting tame animals. I know this happens to animals all the time. They out-live their original purpose, (whether it be too old to be a zoo exhibit, not performing correctly for a circus, not good for meat slaughter, etc.) and are then sold to game farms and "hunted."

Please know I'm not interested in viewpoints about hunting in general. I'm not against hunters who hunt wild animals and who use the meat they get. I am, however, suspect of people who pay to hunt an animal who has no chance, is usually within a fenced area and has very little fear of humans.

Any thoughts?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets