SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rthummer

I want a daschaund

rthummer
16 years ago

I lost my dashaund to cancer last December and I swore I would never get another dog. I love my Coal sooo much, and I felt I would be betraying his memory and also, the pain of losing a best friend is too much. But, now I have changed my mind. I absolutely love dashaunds they are the cutest, funniest little dogs. I bought Coal at a flea market probably from a lady that was running a puppy mill. That was before I was educated from this forum on what a puppy mill was. Coal was a money pit literally, but I never cared what I spent on him, he had eye surgery that was over $2,000 dollars as a pup, hip surgery another $1,000, and numerous other expenses. Please do not beat me up, I had no idea that I was buying a dog that was from a puppy mill. I loved him with all my heart and would have spent my last dime to make his life more comfortable, but in the end the cancer took his life. I know in my heart I gave him the best life I could. He was the best little companion so sweet and smart also, always willing to please. Do not hate me or bash me for buying Coal from a puppy mill I was ignorant at the time. I want another daschaund, but this time I want to be smart about the whole thing. What do I do--- daschaund rescue, or a registered daschaund? How do I go about the rescue and where are the better rescues? I do not want to end up like I did last time even though I loved my Coal with all my heart. Also how do you find the better breeders? Which way should I go? I am very confused on what I should choose. I have talked to some of the breeders and they tell me you never know what you will get when you go with the rescues and I may be back in the same situation as I was with Coal...... but yet, I would love to help a unwanted daschaund and to love him or her, and give him or her a loving home. I am at a quandry....Any helpful suggestion? Please do not be mean to me. I just want to know.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?