Return to the Pet Debates Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Move free commercial

Posted by anya_101 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 08 at 21:24

Just gotta love a commercial that makes one think it is ok to run out and adopt a dog, just because it seems like a good thing to do at the time. How ignorant can they honestly be?

Watch the commercial, then email them to let them know just how you feel about their advertisement.

http://www.movefreeadvanced.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: bad advertising

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Move free commercial

Yeah, it could be taken that way, but the lady is obviously at the place where the adoption fair is taking place, so the voice over, "I feel so good I think I'll adopt a puppy," could be taken as an explanation of WHY she is at the adoption fair. This indicates some intent. The suprized look on her face does tip the interpretation toward yours, though. All they would have to do is remove that shot where she shows surprize at seeing the puppy and change the voice over to, "I feel so good I decided to adopt a puppy." I think I will email them about it.

I am sure that they had no thought whatsoever about how their commercial could encourage irresponsible decision-making about pet parenthood. Only those of us sensitive to the issue would notice it.

Thanks.

o

Thanks to anyone who emailed this company, as they have now changed their comercial. It is one I can stand to sit through without feeling a sickness to my stomach now.

o

Well,I don't know how many people seeing that commercial would actually run out and adopt a puppy but my comment (to myself) every time I saw it was,"Yeah,right! I'm gonna run right out and get a puppy!LOL)

o

The very reason there are homeless pets available to adopt is because people don't think through or research their pet purchases to begin with!

If people would understand, and take seriously, the lifelong commitment of pet ownership, there would be less pets in need of adoption.

A cute puppy or kitty is NOT a good Christmas gift, either, for example!

When it comes to domestic animals... why is it that common sense isn't part of the equation?

o

"Finally I feel so good I can adopt the puppy I have always planned for".

I can't see how that's irresponsible advertisement?

Besides, my dog has been taking Move Free for years. It has saved his quality of life.

o

todancewithwolves....
"Finally I feel so good I can adopt the puppy I have always planned for".
This is what it has now been changed to!!
It used to be just "Finally I feel so good I think I will adopt a puppy".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here