Return to the Pet Debates Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What happens when you cross a pit bull and a porcupine?

Posted by bill_vincent (billvincent@hotmail.com) on
Thu, Mar 1, 07 at 15:25

These were posted on a family site yesterday. Apparently my brother in law's neighbor's dog caught up with a nocturnal trash thief, and this was the result:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What happens when you cross a pit bull and a porcupine?

Ouch! Poor guy! Maybe next time s/he will stop and think before charging

o

Maybe next time s/he will stop and think before charging
Don't think that's possible with a pitbull nature!

Ouch! That's real love and sacrifice -- to endure that much protecting your owners trash!

o

I've seen coon hounds get into a porky and its a real job pulling quills, we used to carry a syringe full of??? to quiet the dog for the operation, just in case. Never saw one get it that bad tho! Just when you think you have a smart hound, he does the porky thing over and over again!

o

That is NOT a Pitbull!!!!

That is a Bull Terrier.

Like "Spuds McKenzie" for those who are old enough to remember the commercials.

Poor baby.

o

How can you tell what kind of dog it is? LOL
That poor baby. How is he doing? Have you heard?
Let us Know.
vickie

o

pit bull is a type of bull terrier...

I really feel bad for that poor guy... I am wincing in sympathy pains.

o

Ouch - that looks painful. How is the poor thing?

o

From what I'm told, he's fine now-- those pics were taken last fall. But I'm told this dog DID learn his lesson. He sees a porcupine and SCATS in the other direction, howling like he's just been beaten!

o

Poor thing, glad he's doing okay!

joepyeweed - The Bull Terrier is one of my favorite breeds! The Pit Bull is not a type of Bull Terrier. The Bull Terrier was the crossing of the Bulldog, Old (AKA Whiite) English Terrier (now extinct) and a bit of Spanish Pointer Blood. In 1830!!

The Pit Bull was derived from a variety of Bull and Terrier type dogs. It is note exactly known of which ones.

Most breeds have come to be through the combination of other breeds. Take the Doberman for example, he is the combination of German Pinschers, Rottweilers, Beauceron, Pinschers, Greyhounds, English Greyhounds and Great Danes! In the 1860's! Today, in the year 2007, you would never hear someone say the Doberman is a type of Great Dane or Grey Hound. They are a stand alone breed far removed from their origins.

The same stands for the Pit Bull.

o

One smart dog. I would turn,run and holler too.
vickie

o

It is easy to see that it is a Bull Terrier.

The egg shaped head, the ears and the body are all different than a Pitbulls. The ears and head are much longer than a Pits and the body isn't as powerful.

Bull Terriers may be dog aggressive as most terriers are, but they are never people aggressive and have been bred for companionship for many, many years.

Of course, even if it was a Pitbull, it is wrong to think it deserved such pain for doing what it was bred to do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bull Terrier History

o

That's quite a picture. Poor dog... glad it's all over with. Just wondering where the "debate" part of this post is... where is the question that we are supposed to take sides on or give opinions of? I must have missed something. I didn't think I was THAT dense!

o

What a poor baby! Awww, that was a hard lesson. :(

o

vacuumfreak-- no debate. I saw those pics, and was so dumfounded, I had to post em. I apologise if I posted them in the wrong place.

o

I thought the debate was Pit Bull or Bull Terrier? :)

How did the porcupine come out of this? Christy

o

I can't believe the dog survived. Doesn't each quill have to be surgically removed?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here