SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccoombs1

Local shelters automatically kill pit bull mix pups

ccoombs1
16 years ago

My daughter had a stray pregnant pit bull show up in her yard around christmas. VERY sweet, loving dog who was in pretty bad shape. She was very thin and very full of pups. She tried to find an owner (although I am not so sure this gal should have been returned to her owner, given the terrible shape she was in). About a week later, she gave birth to 13 pups. 4 died at birth, but the rest are beautful, sweet 10 week old pups now. My daughter has loved these pups, given them their shots, and has desparatly tried to find homes for them, and not had much luck. The other day on the news there was a big story about 3 fighting pit bulls that the shelter had seized and were rehabilitating them to be adopted out. So Emily contacted the shelter to see if they would take 1/2 of the pups and find them homes....they told her that pit bull mix pups are not even given a chance....they will be killed as soon as they come in. Now why on earth would this shelter take these fighting dogs and rehab them, but they won't even give an innocent pup a chance. Makes NO sense to me at all. Emily doesn't have much money and can't afford to keep feeding these puppies. So she's going to take all but her favorite two to a different shelter and hope for the best for them. She just can't bare the thought of her favorite two being put to sleep. Emily did adopt the female that showed up....she named her Jingle.

Comments (5)

Sponsored