Seen on a bulletin board

Posted by lilod (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 14, 07 at 22:43

"FREE - Pitbull/Wolf mix puppies"
who would want to take a chance? This is worse than puppy-mills, IMHO

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seen on a bulletin board

That sounds like a very dangerous mix, more from the pitbull than the wolf. both are unpredictable tho.
I just can't help but think there ought to be a law against that mix.
oakleif

o

This is a very bad mix that would require a very experienced person, that really knows all breeds of dogs.

SG

o

I'm sure some "genius" mixed these two breeds on purpose...it's probably desirable with the same type people that teach their pits to fight. We have to realize that some people don't have much sense! It probably would not be a bad idea to report this to your local Humane Society, that's probably not legal. I mean some areas don't even allow Pits in certain city limits!

o

miami-Dade county florida, population 2 plus million is one of those places they are not legal.

o

I would bet it's bogus to begin with. Where did they come by the wolf, if they did have a wolf chances of them making that cross are slim, wolves aint cheap, even wok hybrids are costly. It would be a bad cross for dog fights, a wolf would not be a likely cross as they would rather flee than fight.
Its just a gimmick to try and get rid of some mongrel pups hoping some wannabe tough guy/gal will want them.

o

Of course, the "wolf" is a wolf-cross, and even though they are no longer legal, there are folks who have them. It is genuine, I am sure. Likely there are tweakers involved, they do live in a world all their own.

o

Yes, there are wolves kept captive around these mountains. I have seen some at homes in various places. I love wolves tho don't know if i would want one. I love to see abt the wolves grown up in Wisconsin but i can't remember all the details right now.
vickie

o

Oh duh, I thought it was short for Irish Wolfhound.

I was wondering to myself why that was such a dangerous mix :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here