o
Getting rid of mice - once and for all

Posted by bibbo (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 12, 11 at 16:34

We have mice.

I have killed many with the wooden traps

Dont want to use poison but I will. Thinking about the ultrasonic method
like this one:

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=pestcontrol&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=indoorpestcontrol&Product_Code=EPC-12

Any one have any insight on the best method...I am over this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting rid of mice - once and for all

The ultrasonic thingies don't work. We had a huge infestation in a camper that we had stored at our farm and didn't want to use poison. We would have had to get hundreds of traps. We tried the ultrasonic things, dryer sheets, etc. They did a huge amount of damage (eating everything in the cabinets and even the dish towels) and ate the brakes and insulation in the camper. Got a cat in there -- problem solved. Before we got the cat, they or other rodents destroyed a truck by eating all the electronic wires and several pieces of farm machinery.

Since we weren't living on our farm at the time, the cat had to be fed just on weekends and had access to the camper. Now we live at our farm full-time and would never be without outdoor cats!!! (BTW, we have 7 of them currently - all spayed/neutered and they are worth their weight in gold. This spring, I expect that number will increase since people tend to dump their kittens and pg cats on farm people.)

If you don't want a cat full time, just borrow one for a couple of weeks. Even if it doesn't catch all the mice, just its scent will get them out of there fast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here