Return to the Pet Debates Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Man Bites Dog

Posted by oakleif (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 22, 07 at 7:53

I have a neice-in-law that bit her dogs ear hard because, she said "It shows them who's boss"
Actually i think she lost her temper and abused the dog.

I googled Man Bites Dog and came up with 4 info,s
A man in Alaska almost bit his dogs ear off. The man did jail time.

A man in Great Briton bit his dog. don't remember what happened to him.

A women in Florida did jail time.

Pet activests protested the showing of the movie
Snow Dogs because The star of the show bit his dogs ear. I saw the show and loved it. You could tell right away the guy was'nt really biteing the dog.

Anyway, anyone know of someone who bit their dog hard.
oakleif

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Man Bites Dog

Is that how dogs communicate with one another? They bite each others ears hard?

o

That's stupid...there are other ways of replicating the Momma dog discipline besides actually using teeth to bite an ear. The Momma dog discipline works great but why not grab the scruff of the neck with your fingers to simulate natural discipline? I think it should be abuse if it injures the dog.

o

I sometimes teasingly bite my dogs, but not hard. I am probably not as hard a biter as they are when they are play-biting during their mock fights. I got rewarded last time with hair between my teeth!

o

This seems like an extremely unsanitary thing to do all around.

o

Not to mention dangerous.

o

I have a cousin that as a young child bit his dogs ear. I dont recall why though. However the dog objected. My cousin suffered a visit to the ER for stitches and the final insult to the injury was the article in the local newspaper. Boy Bites Dog, Dog Bites Back.
The family still teases him. Lesson learned.
Lorie

o

The responses to this post were fun. lostnca i hope your cousin did'nt have too many stitches.
arkansasgirl, i agree abt grabbing scruff of neck.
vickie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pet Debates Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here