SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
datdog

Pacifier problems and bad dreams!!!!

Datdog
22 years ago

Ask me if I feel like a horrible mom? Yes, I do...

I've been trying to take my 2 3/4 year old daughters 'binkie' away from her as she would suck on it all day if I let her.

SO what i've been doing is telling her she can suck on it if she stays in her room. She does understand this concept as she's pretty bright (smarther then me I think,LOL)

Well that works for about a couple minutes then she's out of her room sucking on that darn plug. SO I take it away. She cries, I interest her in something else and then it starts all over again about 20 times a day.

I can say she's getting a little better, but still have a LONG way to go.

ANYWAY, just a little bit ago I heard her crying went in and checked on her and she was having a bad dream. She kept saying over and over, I want my binkie, don't take my binkie, she never woke up- so I know she was dreaming! AHHH it brought tears to my eyes. I never would have thought this would affect her dreams. I can only imagine the stress this is putting on her, I never would have guessed. Guess I know why she's been so crankie lately.

Do you guys think I should back off? Try another approach to taking this darn pacifier away.

Oh, I did try the cutting the top's off of them, she didn't care, advice- PLEASE.

Kristi- feeling like the worlds worst mom.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer