Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Pen Ink on 'Babblin' Boo' doll!!

Posted by TaraWafer (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 01 at 21:50

DD (2) got some ballpoint pen type ink on the face of her doll. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of (i.e. soap, alcohol, 409, Fantastik, Goof Off, cleanser, hairspray, toothpaste). Nothing is getting rid of it. And now I got her ear (where some of the pen is) a little yellow tinted... I don't know if the toothpaste or the scrub sponge did that.... or maybe I just didn't notice earlier. Can anyone help me get it off? (And maybe remove the yellow tint too???) Please help if you can. (Posted this on Parents too). Thanks!!

-Tara W

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Pen Ink on 'Babblin' Boo' doll!!

Wow, I would have thought the alcohol would have gotten it. The only other thing I could think of is nail polish remover. Try it with a Q-tip.

o

Well, I guess I may just be stuck with it. Naol polish remover didn't work, and it also kinda dulled the face a litle (barely noticeable though because I was careful). Oh well. I guess I'll always know it's my DD's. :) Thanks for the idea though!!!

-Tara W

o

what about bleach diluted with water dabbed on with a q-tip? Try posting on the cleaning forum too!

o

There is a product called Ink Away. It comes in a small bottle. I don't remember where I bought it.

o

i used simple green on a outfit that was washed and a ink pen was in the wash after it washed i saw it put simple green on it and washed it again,all gone:)

o

I get Ink on my clothes all the time. I register patients at a hospital and I am forever putting a uncapped pen in my pocket. What works for all us in admitting is, hair spray. The cheaper the better it will work. It will run the second it hits the ink so be ready with a paper towel. Then wash it with soap and water. Not sure if it will help with the yellow tint.

Sherry

o

Let us know if anything ends up working! I had a Barbie doll when I was a girl that a "friend" of my defaced with an ink pen, and we never did get it off!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here