SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarawafer

Pottytraining Questions...

TaraWafer
22 years ago

Okay, as most of you know we are pottytraining our almost 29 month old DD. She usually does good by going peepee on the potty every hour when I take her in the bathroom. The last couple of days she has been going more and, by going more, having more accidents. I don't know if it hurts her to go or what.

My questions are: how do I know if she is having some infection without having to torture her at the doctor's? Should I be taking her more often than every hour? (BTW, she's held it up to 3 hours while being out of the house. The accidents pretty much only happen when we are home). How do you move from doing it every hour to every 1 1/2 hours or every 2 hours? Should I expect more accidents when we are trying to change it? (I just wonder if it isn't hurting but she just doesn't like to go so often... but then the accidents imply waiting more time in between wouldn't work yetr either). And when do you (if ever) punish or lecture them about accidents? Right now we just tell her that it's a "no, no" and have her help us change her into new panties (pull-ups). I know DD knows that peepee and poopoo (although I am not too worried about the poop part) go in the potty. Yet she still has accidents. And how long after starting pottytraining did the accidents lessen or stop?? When will I be able to put her in real undies instead of pull-ups??

Any answers to these questions, or advice in general would be greatly appreciated. Thank you sooooooo much!

-Tara W

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz