Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
16 month old keeps biting HIMSELF!

Posted by Chantel (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 01 at 21:21

Hi
whenever he gets angry or frustrated, he puts the back of his hand to his mouth and bites! He has little teeth marks all over his poor little hand. Not only that he keeps biting his sister whenever he does not get his way.

Any input?
Thanks
CHantel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 16 month old keeps biting HIMSELF!

My Dd did (does) the same thing.. ( biting herself) the best thing is to ignore it..i have analyzed the situation and if you ignore the behavior,they stop it.there is nothing else to do-they will stop. When he bites his sister-say NO!! and put him in his high chair or crib--he will get the picture. he is showing very common behavior for his age..my dd was biting her little friends and i would let her know very clearly..We do not bite--and she will go away from her friends for this behavior.-then has to make nice.

o

My DS is 17mo, and bangs his head for the same reason. The only thing I've found that helps is to reduce the frustration and prevent the situation from occurring.

Easier said than done with toddlers, I know!

o

Thanks for the posts!

oh yes, he head butts and head bangs as well!

I am sure once he stops these actions, new ones will appear!

Take care
Chantel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here