SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_gw

A true parenting moment

Karen
22 years ago

Thank goodness for this forum. Who else but other parents could sympathise! :-)

I had a dinner party Saturday for one of DD's friends and her mom and dad. I prepared appetizers, set the table with my new Christmas dishes, made cornish hens, and the friend's mom's favorite dessert - pecan pie. It was going to be an eating fest!

Right as we all sat down to eat dinner, my DD says, "Mom, I think I'm going to throwed up." and walks to the bathroom. DH goes with her while I entertain our dinner guests, and she proceeds to 'throwed up' for 3 hours. My guests and I ate what dinner we could, cleared the table and no one felt much like dessert!

Sigh, that will be a memorable dinner for a long time. I think I'll save the retelling of it for when she's grown and brings her first boyfriend over to meet us! :-)

(she's fine now. I called the nurse line and they said they were swamped with calls. When our doctor called back he said they had been getting calls about some strange nausea that hits quickly and passes just as fast with no fever or anything. And I found out today another kid in her class went home friday with the same symptoms.)

Thanks for letting me vent!

Karen

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus