Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Molest/Abuse

Posted by cylince (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 19:00

Those of you that know me,know my background. I left my abusive husband about 4 months ago,I'm in Transitional Housing. He had our 3 & 4 year olds living with him,I had our 1 year old. My oldest,11,is in foster care. Well,the other 3 ended up in foster care as well-long story. Anyway, my 4 year old has seen alot of abuse,many forms of it. My husband has also been very touchy-feeling on me in front of him. He has explicit pictures on the wall also. Recently,my 4 year old grabbed his foster mom inapropiatly & blames me for it. He said "mommy likes when I do this to her" and he also says that I kissed him 'down there' and he touches me& I like it. This is BY FAR NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!! I'm willing to testify on the stand & also take a lie detector test, but I would also like 2 find out EXACTLY what has happened 2 my son 2 make him say these things & act this way! Could he have gotten this just from the way he was brought up around so many bad things? Someone PLEASE help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Molest/Abuse

Other Forum members, if you do a search on Cyline's screen name, you'll see the full background on this long sad story. And perhaps then my post might make more sense and seem a bit less cruel.

Cylince - You've been wailing and flailing helplessly for at least two full years and making only the smallest of changes too little too late, then backsliding back to where you were. Just how bad are you going to let things get before YOU do something dramatically different? You've been abused yourself for years and you've allowed your children to be abused for their entire lives. That's why they're all in foster care now, and frankly, I think that's a good thing.

Take this time when you have only yourself to be responsible for and learn to be responsible for yourself. Get your GED. Get a job. Two jobs. Get an apartment and a reliable used car. Get a divorce. Then start saving money. Learn to run a household. Go to the library and read books on parenting, on budgeting, on abusive relationships. Learn to stand on your own two feet and take care of yourself. Learn to be independent. Don't spend so much time worrying about today that you can't plan for next week, next month, next year and ten years from now. Fix your own life. Write off the past and work on the future. Build yourself a life that nobody else can take away from you.

As far as the current mess with your 4 year old, Who Knows what that child may have seen? All you can say is that you did not abuse him sexually, but that he saw far too much sexual activity from his father's dirty pictures to his manhandling of you, and that you did too little to prevent it. No excuses. The child is already in foster care.

Then tell them you are working on fixing your own life and back it up with proof.

o
RE: Molest/Abuse

agree, why take on more then what you already have dealt with?

I think the kids should be adopted out to new homes/without you losing contact and once you get your life in order, adopt perhaps someone from a sad case like yourself, its more proper then adding to the mass over populations of humans and giving more innocents crappy lives.

Sorry about all this, I had a pca growing up that was simalar to your husband- not as bad but simaliar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here