Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 16 month old FINALLY got his front bottom teeth!!!!

Posted by wicky24 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 31, 01 at 11:51

He finally got them. I thought for sure he was born without the front bottom teeth. What a great relief! He got his very first tooth 2 weeks after his first birthday and that was his top eye tooth. Very weird, but I'm so happy. Thank you for letting me express my joy. None of my family seems to be as happy as me. Oh well. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 16 month old FINALLY got his front bottom teeth!!!!

I know how you feel. My dd was 16 months old before she got ANY teeth and her first were her molars!! Go figure. My cousin's daughter was the same way. Must be genetic. I've been told that in some cases the longer they take to come in the healthier the teeth. That remains to be seen.
Jump for joy all you want, I remember the feeling well.
MaryF

o

Boy, was I glad to see this posting! My son is almost one and absolutely no sign of teeth yet. So, I suppose we don't have to worry whether God had forgotten that small detail, LOL!

o

That is great news! It is amazing how we mothers get so upset over developmental stuff, and then when it does finally happen it's like geez, why was I worrying?! (LOL)

o

I love what one pediatrician/author said when a mother expressed her concern about late-arriving baby teeth: "What do you want me to do--go in and get them?" Aren't we funny?

My daughter was the last in her grade-school class to lose a baby tooth--it didn't happen until the summer after first grade. In fact, in first grade (on parent-observation day), she got an answer wrong during an exercise in estimation: "how long does it take your new tooth to come in? 2 months, or 2 days?" She said 2 days--she'd never been through it, and probably hadn't paid attention to the kids around her.

I've been told that sometimes (not always) there's a correlation between late-arriving baby teeth and late-to-fall-out baby teeth. It's true in her case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here