Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baby snow sled for Xmas?

Posted by
pam
(chazscott@cs.com) on
Wed, Nov 28, 01 at 19:30

Hi...I have been looking for a pull sled/toboggan for a 15 mos. old (my best friend's child). Many of the sleighs are just too expensive. I have heard about something called a baby boggan or toddler boggan for around $20-25, but cannot not locate one. Do any of you parents have any ideas? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baby snow sled for Xmas?

I had ordered one online last year, but my dd was too young, so we haven't used it yet. We're planning on using this year, so we'll probably get no snow. Anyway, I recall seeing one at Target for under $20. That was a few weeks ago.

o

We got one last year (DS was 6mo) and plan on using it again this year. We ordered it; maybe Natural Baby? or one of those catalogues.

But I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Target for less.

o

I had a great toddler sled last year that I got for $10 at Target. My son was 15m last Christmas and it was perfect...I think he will be able to use it this year too.

Try Target ...maybe even Walmart.

o

How do these baby/toddler boggons work? I never knew that you could get them- it'd be great to take DS sledding this year, it would be his first time!

o

Kyla,

They are sleds with a little more support to keep the child in the seat and upright. There is a tow rope. They don't actually go sledding as in downhill, you pull the child through the snow. The ones that I have seen on-line say that they are good for ages 1-3 or 1-4.

Pam

P.S. Thanks for the responses, I am going to try Target this weekend.

o

Thanks everyone...Target has a baby boggan for 6-36 mos. for $15.99. It's real cute.

Pam

o

Keep in mind that many of the toddler sleds don't even have straps on them for safety. I did find one at Target last yr. for my daughter & of course we got 1 whole snow storm. I'm hoping to get more use out of it this yr.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here