SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plmcrzy_gw

Help.....Does your toddler tell big stories?

PLMCRZY
22 years ago

This is going to be a long story, but I really need someones outside opinion. My four year old was cought the other day exploring hiself with my little 2 yr. old niece in his bedroom. He had his pants down showing hiself to her, when my sister walked in on them. He he pulled them up quickly then hid from her under the covers, when she scolded him. She calls me at work to ask what she should do, and I told her to ask him where he got this from or if someone had shown him. She went back in there and asked him and used my step father as an example, which is his papa. Then he said pa pa and went and hid like he was in trouble. She calls me back and tells me this and I freak out and come home thinking someone has molested my son! When I come home I ask him about pa pa and he tells me all kinds of stuff. I went streight to my mom and tell her, and ask if they have been alone with each other lately, and she say's no she can't think of any time when she or someone else has not been there. I call the child abuse hotline and the cops and start making reports that my step father has molested my son. I even recorded him on a cassette to take with me. After I make the reports they want him to see a forensic physcologist to determine if he did it or if someones else did. So I take my son and get him evaluated. I get a call the next morning from the investigator. He says my son did not say anything about papa, he was saying it was his little friends at preschool. I know I shouldn't have asked or probed for questions but I did later that night and he kept telling me that he was "ONLY KIDDING" it was Devon, a friend at daycare. What am I to believe now? I don't want to accuse the wrong person. And honestly, my step dad loves his grandchildren so much I can't believe he would even think of something like this. My son thinks he would be in trouble when pa pa found out about him lying. He asked me that after that interview, when he told me about "kidding". Can kids make something up like this? Now the whole story has changed, and now I have to investigate the daycare. I had a conference with the teachers to let them know what is going on and they thought maybe my sister could have put papa in his head when he was in trouble and she was asking him where he learned that, and he blamed it on papa instead of getting his friends in trouble at daycare. However I am very protective of him since he is my only, and would do anything to protect him and never thought this sort of thing would ever happen. Do you think we jumped to conclusions about papa? I mean that is what he told us in the beginning, now he is not. And the investigator even told me he thinks that his papa did not do it and we needed to check with our daycare, he never even mentioned him when they were questioning him, they asked if anyone ever touched him down there and he told them one of his friends named Devon and Andy. Not papa like he told us in the beginning. Where would he have the capability of comming up with a story them completely changing it, saying he is sorry for lying on papa and it was not him? I get no closure, so therefore I have no clue what to do. I don't want to exclude my parents from there grandchildren if they did not do anything wrong. This could be ruining peoples lives.

Comments (15)

Sponsored