Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
xmas gift ideas.. traditional vs electonic

Posted by
beth
(aerotd@aol.com) on
Fri, Nov 16, 01 at 16:27

help, I am currently xmas shopping for my cousin's kids. One cousin has two girls ages 2 and 4 (or it might be 3 and 5, i have a call in to their grandma to find out for sure), and the other has a boy who turned 1 about a month ago. anyway, i usually have no problems finding really fun presents for the kiddos. James's mom thinks i get him the best toys ( he got this crazy stuffed chicken thing when he was born and it is still his favorite toy:-)). anyway, i was thinking of getting that new LeapFrog Imagination Desk coloring/learning toy for the girls. I'm sure you've all seen the commercial since they have kinda gone nuts on the advertising for these LeapFrog products this year. i picked one out at the electronics store yesterday but, now i'm having second thoughts. there was another thread on here discussing whether parents liked the traditional (blocks, cars, etc) versus high-tech (computerized, electronic) toys. I tend to agree that the traditional toys are better but, i thought this was such a great idea to help them learn their alphabet/numbers, etc. any ideas? would you be happy if your child received this as a xmas present. i also found a neat counting toy for the baby and I am sending him some of those old tupperware animals that you can put together yourself in different forms. his mom and i used to LOVE them when we were little kids. :-)
thanks,
beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: xmas gift ideas.. traditional vs electonic

I have two girls ages 2 and 4, and the love the Leap frog learning toys. I think it is a wonderful toy that also helps them learn. My girls have also pointed out other things like; Betty Spagetti dolls, polley pocket, and some other one called What's her face.(It is one where they can draw different faces on the doll)My daughters love crafts, so I thought this was a good one that combines two of their favorite things, dolls and crafts.

o
RE: xmas gift ideas.. traditional vs electonic

the Leap frog pad is awesome!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here