SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarawafer

Is it too early to be worrying about this?(kinda long)

TaraWafer
22 years ago

Okay. DD is 28 months old. She will go peepee on the potty chair sometimes. Mostly not though. I tried to see if I could just put her in underwear and seee what would happen. I asked her if she had to go potty every 5- 10 minutes. In the beginning she would say yes and sit on the chair. She never did go. After about 40 minutes of saying she didn't have to go and not being willing to sit on the potty chair, she peed in the underwear (really they are thick training pants). Then she pooped and peed more. I gave up. She can tell me that you're supposed to go peepee and poopoo in the potty and not her panties. But she won't do it.

I guess she is not ready and that is fine. I don't want to push her (she's stubborn like me). And I don't want to make it traumatizing. I figure she'll be ready one day and just do it. Just be potty trained because she decided she was ready. Is that crazy? I am afraid of letting her decide when she is really ready and then never having her be ready. I know no kids that are adults now weren't potty trained and everything.... but did all of our parents force it? Do any of you have kids that you never pushed it and they just learned?

DD is our one and only and I stay home with her. So she has no older siblings to learn from or daycare friends to learn from. Should I be worrying about this this early on? Or should I just be patient and DD will do it when she's really ready?

Any advice or stories would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! And thanks so much for reading this whole long, jumbled post... :)

-Tara W

Comments (9)

Sponsored