SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cara_6

Suddenly wants to sleep with parents?

Cara_6
21 years ago

My son and DIL have two sons, 5 & 3. The 5yr.old started all day kindergarten this past Sept.and seems to enjoy it. For the past two weeks, he's been wanting to go to sleep in his parents bed; and so insistant sometimes, that they wearily let him. Then when he's asleep, carry him into his own room and bed. But, he wakes up in the middle of the night and goes back into his parents bed. They (parents) changed his bedroom to one of their other rooms recently; but I would think that wouldn't bother him. All his things and bed are there. They changed his little brother's room also.

He eats ALOT of salty and sweet snacks. My son asked me for any ideas of how to keep him in his own bed and asleep all night. I suggested that if he eats those snacks too close to bedtime,(I know he eats them after school) it would be bad for sleeping (not to mention health.) Also, he doesn't really eat much food (I know... because of the snacks) so if he's somewhat hungry when he goes to bed, he would wake up in the middle of the night. I suggested a piece of toast or small plain cookie and milk before going to bed...and found out he wont eat bread or drink milk. He only drinks water.!!

I told DS I would ask my friends with small children for advice. The 'food'issue is the only thing I can think of disturbing his sleep. Am I on the right track?

All advice appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County