SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momorganh

How well does your toddler talk

momorganh
22 years ago

Don't wait to get your son tested. The reason most people didn't have speech therapy years ago, is because it wasn't available. Most states and counties have an early intervention program to have your child tested as early as 6 months. Wouldn't you want to give your child a chance to be main streamed before he went to kindergarten. Why wait to get him tested in school when you can do it now. You only talk for your child, because he didn't, not because he ws the youngest. Yes it is more common in boys, yet all your friends and relatives will tell you, "my son didn't talk until this..." Well he's your child, speech therapy is not a fad, and if you feel there is a problem(or you wouldn't have asked on the message board) you owe it to your child to do the best for him.

I had my son tested at 15 months and he received therapy starting at 20 months, and still receives it. The improvement form no words at all, to where he is now is amazing. He is 30 months old, and stil has a ways to go. Imagine if I waited for Kindergarten...

Comments (12)

Sponsored