SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laxgal_gw

Toy vacuum for 4 year old

laxgal
11 years ago

This is my first time posting in this forum, and I'm hoping that someone might have some insight to share! My 4-year-old loves playing with the vacuum cleaner - he loves pushing it around, and when I'm vacuuming, he grabs one of his other toys and pretends to vacuum alongside of me. We were thinking about getting him a toy vacuum cleaner (was thinking about the $40 Dyson), but from what I've read, battery life is poor, height is too low for most kids and suction is pretty non-existent. So...I was thinking about buying him a "real" stick vacuum cleaner; they're cheaper than the Dyson; I can get a cordless one that plugs in to charge (no batteries); it may not work great, but it will suck up dog hair - and I can use all the help I can get with that :-) Has anyone else done this? What concerns would you have with this? The only thing I can think of is that he might vacuum something important up...but we keep the house pretty neat; we don't normally have things on the floor that would be small enough for him to accidentally vacuum..

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Quick-Up-Cordless-96H/dp/B004LBHGJC/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1351948721&sr=1-3&keywords=cordless+vacuum+cleaner

Comments (2)

Sponsored