Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toy vacuum for 4 year old

Posted by laxgal (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 9:20

This is my first time posting in this forum, and I'm hoping that someone might have some insight to share! My 4-year-old loves playing with the vacuum cleaner - he loves pushing it around, and when I'm vacuuming, he grabs one of his other toys and pretends to vacuum alongside of me. We were thinking about getting him a toy vacuum cleaner (was thinking about the $40 Dyson), but from what I've read, battery life is poor, height is too low for most kids and suction is pretty non-existent. So...I was thinking about buying him a "real" stick vacuum cleaner; they're cheaper than the Dyson; I can get a cordless one that plugs in to charge (no batteries); it may not work great, but it will suck up dog hair - and I can use all the help I can get with that :-) Has anyone else done this? What concerns would you have with this? The only thing I can think of is that he might vacuum something important up...but we keep the house pretty neat; we don't normally have things on the floor that would be small enough for him to accidentally vacuum..

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Quick-Up-Cordless-96H/dp/B004LBHGJC/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1351948721&sr=1-3&keywords=cordless+vacuum+cleaner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toy vacuum for 4 year old

When I am at my DDs house, her 5 year old will sometimes take the stick vacuum I am using and do some of the floor. I see no problems as long as the child knows he cannot vacuum up things like coins or toys or little pieces of things.

o
RE: Toy vacuum for 4 year old

Thanks Sheila!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here