SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_gw

Friend constantly bragging about 20 mo old

Amy
22 years ago

THis is a pretty minor complaint, but I would like to know how to respond to her.

One of my closest friends has a 20 month old who is probably smarter than the average bear for his age. That's great. My 10 month old is smart of her age, as well. But, I NEVER brag about her to anyone. I know all children advance at different stages, some do things sooner than others, etc. I just cannot STAND to brag about her latest achievements, etc. Not that I am not the proudest parent in the world...it's just the thought in the back of my mind that would if i had a child that was always "behind" for her age. I wouldn't be bragging about anything then. I don't want my children to hear me bragging about one and not the other.

I know I'm not really making myself clear with my complaint. I guess I just need to know how to respond to my friend when she feels the need to go on and on and on about how smart her son is and how advanced he is for her age. I'm sure it's just insecurity on her part feeling the need to have something in her life to brag about, but it reallly bothers me. She has to literally ASK me what my daughters latest "tricks" are and what she's doing new.

I guess I just have a hang up about braggers!

What can I say to her to get her to shut up???

Comments (26)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio