SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chellengene

Any ideas???

Chellengene
17 years ago

For the past two months, my two year old has decided to wake up at all hours of the night. Nothing has changed as far as routine, naps, room, etc. She has a two hour nap in the afternoon and goes to bed between 8-9. I have no problem putting her down for bed, she climbs in bed, I sing her a song and then kiss her goodnight. I can even walk out of the room while she is awake and there is no fuss. There are times when she'll tell me she wants to go to bed. The problem is when she decides to wake up in the wee morning hours. She has been waking up anywhere from 1am-5am and it takes me about 1/2 hour to get her to go back down. She will wake up crying and start to climb out of her bed, normally I hear her right away and will get to her before she gets out. I have her lay back down and sing to her, but it doesn't work like when I put her down in the beginning. If I walk out before she falls asleep she freaks! I've tried just laying her back down and going back to bed...but she throws a fit to the point of where she almost makes herself sick. I am at my wits end. I am 6 months pregnant and exhausted as it is, plus work full time. My husband works nights so it is just me home with her for bedtime. She does have a nightlight, and i have left the hallway light on as well..no difference. I have also left the lights off only to be waken up by her at 4am crying because it's too dark. If she gets out of bed before I get in there...it takes twice as long to get her down. For example..the other night she woke up, walked out into the living room and turned the tv on. She didn't cry until she realized that she couldn't turn on her favorite show, Caillou. Yes, it was 1am and my daughter refused to go back to bed...so she watched Caillou until 2:30am when she finally told me she was going night night. I have tried putting a gate in her door only to be awoken by frantic screams because she couldn't get out. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can convince my two year old to go back to sleep on her own when she wakes up? She was such a good sleeper, so easy to put to bed, and would stay in bed. Now with a baby on the way I am worried that it is going to be h*ll for me at night if the baby wakes up for a feeding and she is up as well. I'm sure this can't be good for her either, not getting the sleep she needs. I was thinking of trying the glow in the dark star and moon stickers and telling her if she wakes up to look at the stars and moon on her ceiling. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening!

Comments (9)

Sponsored