Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tots Halloween Party

Posted by Michie1 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 13, 03 at 23:50

My daughter is 26 mos & I am having a Halloween party at home. Most of the kids will be 2-3 with a few, maybe 3 will be up to age 6. I have the decorations, our costumes & music covered. I'm also sticking to a jack-o-lantern theme - nothing too scary for tots. I am going to make a Halloween cake out of bundt pans as a centerpiece & dessert for the adults. Lunch will just be pizza for both parents & kids. I was thinking of using Entenmeanns Halloween cupcakes as dessert for the kids. I am going to fill a cauldron up with ice & juice boxes & then maybe a cider for the adults.
My problem is that I was hoping to find some very simple & non messy activities for the toddlers. I have found lots of games for older kids & the only appropriate activities I can think of for toddlers are pin the nose on the pumpkin, I'm going to have a pumpkin pinata & I have Halloween coloring pages for the few min while everyone is arriving until the official activities begin.

I thought of trick or treating by setting up stations where they will go to different adults to get a Halloween treat (they did this at my church MOms & Tot slast yr & it worked out well), but how much candy can they get if they are already doing a pinata unless in the pinata I use only candy & as trick or treating I use small toys & set up maybe 3-4 stations (Oriental Trading catalog has cute toys)?

I am planning the party to last 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. but I think I still need more actitivies, although I'm not sure how much time these things are going to take up - any ideas?

Michie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tots Halloween Party

I just posted a lot of ideas on the parents board-- hope they help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here