Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thomas the Tank Engine?

Posted by lilypad22 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 7, 03 at 18:33

My grandson is 2 1/2 yrs old and his favorite thing in the world is the Thomas trains, videos, books, etc. I would like to get him some clothes, maybe t-shirts, pj's and shoes. Does anyone know any store that sells the Thomas the Tank Engine apparel? Appreciate it very much! tish

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thomas the Tank Engine?

My 3 yo ds and 17 mo ds both love him. They are going to be Thomas and Percy for Halloween. Target sells shoes and clothes with him on it. I bought a t-shirt online last year at I think "The Thomas Store" . Just do a google search.

Also, if you get the chance, do this. A full size Thomas travels around the country to various places and takes everyone on a 30 minute train ride. We took the kids to "A Day Out with Thomas" in Durango, CO. earlier this year. It was a lot of fun for everyone even the adults. We were surprised that there was so much stuff to do like meeting Sir Topham Hat,playing with the Thomas toys in the Thomas Store, and looking at things in the train museum. We were there for about 2 hours and I didn't see a single child crying. Of course, the Thomas Store has a ton of clothes and toys that the kids want, but we were able to buy the kids a souviner t-shirt there. Here is the 2003 schedule.

http://exclusivelythomas.com/Day Out with Thomas.html

o

Thank You! That site was so great! Unfortunately there are no appearances scheduled near here, maybe next year. It sounds like something my grandson would really like. I will check our Target, I had not looked there yet. Take care. tish

o

Adella - Thank you so much for the info on Thomas! My 20 month old son is just getting interested in Thomas so I am new to all this stuff! I went to that web site and discovered that he will be in Grapevine, TX - not that far from us. My husband is so excited about it. When I told him, he said, "Can we go?! Can we go?! Please!" Looks like I have two little boys! So we will be going to see Thomas. Thanks again for the info. ~ Suzie

o

Check ebay for Thomas the Tank clothing - you can always find great stuff there!

o
Some Neat Thomas Stuff

NotEnoughRoses - I hope you have a good time. We sure did. The kids are asking to go back and do it again.

I was looking around and found a neat Thomas site. This would be great if anyone were having a Thomas themed b-day party or some of the stuff is just for fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thomas Fun Stuff

o

Adella - Thanks again for posting the info regarding A Day Out With Thomas. We just got back a couple hours ago - little one is still napping from his very full morning! He had a ball. We had to park a couple blocks away and were walking toward the the train station - I spotted Thomas and pointed him out to my son, who instantly got so excited! His eyes were big as saucers and stayed that way all morning. We were there almost three hours and didn't get around to watching the videos or sitting in on the storytelling. They are still going to be in town tomorrow so I think we may go back, just for the storytelling. There was just so much to see and do, especially for a little one. I think he was overwhelmed at times. We had had several people tell us (after we had bought tickets) that we should wait and do it when our son is older, but I am glad we went. Sure, son won't remember it, but he had a great time. Okay, have to say - aside from seeing Thomas, his favorite part was probably the petting zoo... Oh, well. He's a farm boy at heart and likes animals! ~ Suzie

o
Thomas

Suzie

My kids were the same way. My 3 yo was so overwhelmed he squenched his eyes up and put his hands over them the first time we saw Thomas coming down the track. Sir Topham Hat awed him too. We took lots of pictures and I put some in each of their scrapbooks. My 18 mo still gets really excited when we look at pictures and the 3 yo keeps telling me that we need to go back and do that again.

o

We have an online Thomas & Friends store and we carry clothing, DVDs, toys, books and more. Check us out.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Ultimate Thomas Store

o

There's a store in Canton, TX that has the widest variety of Thomas stuff in Texas, perhaps anywhere. The website is limited, but the store itself has lot of thomas clothes from size 12 mos. to even a few adult items.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to the Thomas store in Canton Texas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here