Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween party for 2 year olds

Posted by livvyandbella (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 05 at 16:02

My daughter-in-law is hosting a Halloween party for 5 2 year olds. She would like ideas on what they can play, or any special crafts they could do.
Any ideas appreciated?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween party for 2 year olds

2 year olds rarely play together....they do parallel play....so games at that age are useless, as are most planned activities.
I would have out things for them to play with, maybe small pumpkins for them to paint with washable markers.....and lots of adult supervision.....feed them some pumpkin cookies and orange juice and send them home for a nap.
Sounds to me like your daughter in law needs another baby!
Linda c

o

When I had a halloween party for my kids when my youngest was 2 I found that the 2 year olds played just fine together. As long as I kept the games simple. Pin the nose on the pumpkin went over well as did bobbing for apples in a shallow container with just enough water for the apples to barely float. Too much and they can't get ahold of them and they'll get a nose full of water lol. Also make sure that the apples have decent stems so they are easily bitten. Some other games we did were a version of duck duck goose (replacing it with pum pum pumpkin!) and simon says.
I also printed out some halloween themed coloring pages from the net to fill in that time when the games are over but the parents aren't quite there yet.

Have fun and enjoy them while they're little!

Karen

o

I've been searching for Halloween crafts for my son that just turned 2. We made salt dough (1c flour, 1c salt, 1/2 c water - just stir and squish) yesterday in various Halloween colored. I squeezed the black and green through a garlic press. He enjoyed squishing the "worms" back together. I left some of the dough white and any odd shaped white thing could be stood up and eyes added to look like a ghost.
I cut an orange circle out and various yellow shapes out of construction paper for him to make a jack-o-lantern. I helped a bit with the glue stick, and let him decide where the eyes and such would go. You would laugh out loud if you saw the awkward pumpkin that was created, it's just too cute.
We used traces of his feet for ghosts w/ the toes at the bottom and his hand prints for bat wings and spider legs. All out of constuction paper w/ different shapes cut for the bodies and heads.

The Family Fun website has lots of ideas w/ an option of searching with the "craft finder" for a holiday and age of the crafter.
Next we are going to try egg carton pumpkins and spiders (with legs made from pipe cleaners). Have fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here