SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karla_ne

Terrible Twos!!

Karla_NE
21 years ago

My DD, who is 21 months, is clearly starting her terrible twos early. DH and I have asked ourselves many times lately where our sweet little girl has gone. (LOL) She is getting so demanding about having her way all the time and when she wants it. When she throws her tanrums we try and ignore her and just let her decide when she is ready to behave and then interact with her again. BUT, as much as I have heard this is supposed to work, it does not seem to be helping with the frequency of her tantrums. If anything, they seem to be getting more frequent lately.

She also is becomming increasingly difficult to take to restaurants and stores. We have taken her out with us since she was tiny and has always been good for the most part. But lately, we have noticed the trend, along with her general behavior tantrums, of being very impatient in restaurants and stores, throwing things, etc. Don't get me wrong, we don't take her to fancy restaurants that take a long time or anything like that. I am talking Applebees, a pizza buffet, etc.

I think all of this will pass in time, but it is sooooooo frustrating right now. Any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz