Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sleep problems with 2 yr.old HELP!

Posted by cylince (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 07 at 12:15

My 2 yr.old still doesn't sleep through the night. I know its mostly b/c he doesn't get enough 2 eat at dinner time.I just can't get him 2 eat at all! He wakes up at 2am everyday. When he does,he's up 4 at least an hour. And he screams about differant things. He will cry b/c he wants 2 go outside,or he wants his big brother(who is sleeping)or he wants his shirt off. Most of the time,he's screaming(not crying) so harsh,that I can't even understand him. I've given in a few times,like when he wants the light on,but then his eyes hurt cuz its 2 bright of course. I have no way of handling this & its driving me crazy. Ignoring him isn't working either.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sleep problems with 2 yr.old HELP!

You seem to think it's because he's not eating enough at dinner, and that's very possible. Why not try a adding a small glass of warm milk to the bedtime routine, before teeth brushing of course? It will fill his tummy up. I know when my dd would wake up in the middle of the night this often worked for her.

Another possibility is that he is experiencing night terrors of some sort. It's pretty common among children. Sometimes they even seem "awake" while this is going on, but are in a state between sleep and awake.

o
RE: Sleep problems with 2 yr.old HELP!

Night wakefulness is also a symptom of milk allergy. We dealt with that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here