Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pacifier

Posted by patch (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 30, 05 at 10:24

I have a 3 year old who still has his pacifier but only at night and nap time. I have been trying to break him of this habit with no luck. Does any one have in suggestion on how I can do this.

thanks
patch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pacifier

I traded my son his pacifier for something he really wanted.....can't remember what it was....maybe a bigger trike...
I told him that when he was through with pacifiers, then we would go right out and buy, whatever it was.
He went right to the garbage and threw it in! LOL!
My grand daughter got weaned off by lack of any new ones.....and the old got flat and ikky one at a time. My daughter told her if she wanted them to last and not wear out, she shouldn't use that last one so much.....so she broke her self by saving it.
One grandson used it at bed time well after 4....knew it was a baby thing to do....so his mother told him to keep it on the dresser.....and if he really needed it, he could get out of bed and go get it....and again he broke himself of the habit.
Different things for different kids....but the best way is to convince them that it's not a good idea to keep one in your pocket at kindergarten!!
Linda c

o
RE: pacifier

thanks linda for your advice I will have to try this. I will let you know how it work thanks again for the advice.

patch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here